6 Productivity Mistakes Successful People Never Make
Successful people do things differently. They know what performance killers are and do everything in their power to avoid them. A blog post by Pick the Brain highlights the top performance killers to watch out for:
- Successful people never waste time on social media. Unless you are using social media for business, you should limit the amount of time you spend on social media. If you need to use it, use it as a reward at the end of the day.
- Successful people place a priority on their well-being. Illness and exhaustion can cause major dips in productivity. If you want to ensure maximum productivity, take care of yourself—exercise and get a good night’s sleep!
- Successful people do not stress about things they can’t control. Pondering on possible outcomes is not productive. Focus on things you can control and create action items based on these things.
- Successful people never start their day without a game plan. Make a list of your daily plans. Use it as a roadmap to guide your day.
- Successful people never compare themselves to others. When you compare yourself to others, you end up miserable. You will always view someone as better, smarter, or more productive. Try to achieve your personal best.
- Successful people never dwell on past mistakes. Making mistakes is a normal process. Stressing over past mistakes is futile. Learn from your mistakes and move forward.